Doing A Quarterly Workplace Physical Security Audit
Aug 29, 2018 | 236 Views
The workplace security audit includes the verification of many systems and procedures including the physical access control system that is used for a thorough workplace security. The checklist needs to cover all the categories of a security audit that follow.
The salient points of a security audit include:
- Is there a documented workplace security policy covering the physical security aspects?
- Is the access to the building / place restricted?
- Are all access points monitored manually or electronically?
- Is an ID based access control in place?
- Do your visitors receive a restricted and controlled access to only visitors permitted parts of your premises?
- Are employees easily identifiable through their badges or other visual IDs?
- Are access cards, passwords highly secure?
- Is there a surveillance system that is installed and is up-to-date?
- Is the security lighting properly installed and maintained properly?
- Is there an alarm system that is installed and is well maintained?
- Do you check your access control, surveillance and lighting system regularly?
- Is a regular testing record available to show at all times?
- Are all the documents related to the physical access control procedures updated and available at any time?
- Is the workplace staff trained for emergency egress?
- Is there any other customised activity or are there any other items that are installed and updated?
How can you get started with a workplace security audit template?
Preparation of a workplace security checklist is an analysis of your workplace security system dealing with your personal, physical, procedural and information security.
You need to start with access security related to these categories.
What processes and procedures are needed at your end to facilitate a physical security audit?
- Security system maintenance and improvement plan
- Security policy and plan
- Data management policy
- Operational procedures
- Security audit checklist
You can also get the guidance of Solus security systems and a physical security audit agency to create a customised workplace security checklist for your company.
I am sure that you would like to explore all aspects of a physical security audit in a greater detail. To facilitate this please get in touch with Solus Toll Free at: +91 8080814500 and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org