Self Service Kiosk for visitor sign-in
Jan 08, 2017 | 3199 Views
Time is such a precious and rare commodity for a busy individual like me, so I hate it when situations are designed to waste people’s time. Last week I had a client meeting at a very busy corporate park meant for jewellers in Mumbai. My struggle began when I had to spend a good 15 – 20 minutes for finding a suitable parking spot for my car. After a long search, I managed to park my car and walked in the sweltering heat towards the entrance where I found myself waiting at the end of a long queue towards the reception. I couldn’t help but curse the visitor management system of the corporate park. It took at least 5 minutes for each visitor to get through the excessive scrutiny and avail a visitor’s pass since their details were manually entered by the security who issued them the pass. By the time I was let in I was almost an hour late for my meeting.
I found myself wondering why would a busy and modern establishment like this refuse to modernize their systems to ensure visitors are not harrowed unnecessarily.
Today, modern systems have advanced so much that there is no need for a high manual intervention any more. Several business complexes have installed self-service kiosks to smoothen and fasten the check-in process.
So how do they work? Let’s look at how Solus does it.
The Solus self-operating kiosk consists of an inbuilt webcam, a biometric card reader and a preloaded operating system that guides the visitors automatically to the process through which they acquire a smart card containing all their details.
The system is adept at handling scheduled as well as unscheduled visitors and all the communication happens through the visitor and host smartphones. Once a pass is issued by the system, the rest of the process is easy. Security administrators can control the sections that a visitor can visit and also receive notifications in case a visitor is on the premises over and above the scheduled time. The kiosk helps maintain a valuable database for future use.
Here are a few advantages of Solus’ Self Service Kiosks for visitors:
- Apart from granting access to visitors the kiosks also facilitate the quick entry of vendors and contractors coming onsite to work.
- The interface is user-friendly, uncomplicated and easy for first-time visitors and does not require duplication of effort for repeat visitors.
- The visitors can adapt easily to this automated process since its hassle-free and gets them to their appointment quickly.
- They help reduce the chaos during high visitor’s traffic since the process is quick and easy.
- Helps the company with keeping a database of the visitors for further use or reference.
- They are a great way to reduce the unmanageable paperwork and also a responsible insight giver
To sum up:
Solus’ Self Service Kiosks for visitors sign-in prove to be an essentially important feature that every building should consist of for better management and recording of the visitors, vendors and contractors.
Please visit our website www.solus.co.in and for any sales enquiries, please contact +91 8043336666 or drop an email to email@example.com